Thursday, July 1, 2010

'Route 66' Winslow, AZ (Day 16 June 29)














Today was such an exciting day because we saw a big dirt hole in the ground. This would make a great nest for many bunnies.
John and Dee toured the Meteor Crater. This is the best preserved meteoric crater on earth. Measuring almost a mile across, 2.4 miles in circumference and 550 ft. deep. This lunar-like landscape created 50,000 years ago was used to train all (Apollo) astronauts. This was a very interesting hole in the ground. The movie and tour were very informative and enjoyed by all.
Gray Hare (so hot with all this gray hare-we all need haircuts.
P.S. Did you see the picture of the cute little bunny that Dee found in the gift shop. He would have made a nice companion for me. $18 dollars - guess I am not worth that much.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee and John.... I bet you didn't think I could do it. What a great trip.... You certainly deserve it. Thank you for helping me with my "aging." I have now learned to blog.
    Looking forward to seeing your future postings.

    ReplyDelete