Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TEXAS (Day 9 June 22)






Today was a fun and exciting day. At the Welcome Center we found info about Palo Duro Canyon State Park. It is about 30 miles south of Amarillo and well worth the drive. This canyon is known as the Grand Canyon of Texas. Not as big, but very pretty and interesting after seeing all the open plains yesterday. We were able to camp in the canyon at a very beautiful site with wild turkey and who knows what else roaming around.
It was exciting to see my first Longhorn. Thank You Dee for holding me and keeping me safe. I was surprised as to how big they were.
John and Dee attended the performance of "TEXAS'. This is an outdoor drama, performed in an open-air theater nestled at the foot of a high cliff. The show was exciting with the use of the canyon as the stage with great lighting and use of horses and other western props in the background. I am not sure I would have liked the fire works, but Dee and John enjoyed them. Again, you guessed it. I was left in the RV!
Gray Hare


No comments:

Post a Comment