Monday, June 28, 2010

'Route 66' IL (Day 2 June 15)


While everyone is relaxing this evening, I will try to catch up on our trip adventures. I have added the Day of the trip to make it easier to follow. I have also corrected some of the spelling errors. I have asked Dee for HELP with spelling, but she doesn't always get it right.

On our second day we put a lot of miles behind us. There didn't seem to be anything on Route 66 to interest Dee and John. Late afternoon there was heavy rain and I do mean heavy rain. The skys turned black and I was very scared. John held me tight and Dee held on to the steering wheel with all her energy. We were forced to get off the highway and find a camping spot. We found a lovely campground in Effingham, IL called Camp Lakewood. It was on beautiful Lake Pauline. I was concerned we would never get out of the campground in the morning as the roads were about to be washed out as we approached the camp. The camp was on high ground and the rain stopped early in the evening and all was a go in the morning.
Does anyone see anything different about John????? SHORTS - HE IS WEARING SHORTS!
The Gray Hare

No comments:

Post a Comment